Nurse for Oncology in Dubai
Kings College Hospital London
A19th Floor, Office 1905, Tecom, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|5 – 10 Years||Dubai – United Arab Emirates||Bachelor of Science||Any Nationality||Any||1 Vacancy|
- gives specific patients direct nursing care, such as supportive care that is appropriate, and administers chemotherapy, blood components, fluid and electrolyte replacements, as well as other prescribed oncology therapies.
- Nurse assessments are carried out, and patient care requirements are prioritised for both new and current patients.
- Educates patients, their families, and significant others; serves as a resource for information for students, healthcare workers, patients, and the general public.
- When necessary, offers family assistance, making appropriate referrals and offering bereavement counselling.
- obeys the established departmental rules, procedures, and goals, as well as the standards for infection control, environmental protection, and/or safety.
- May instruct and direct other nursing and support staff members who are performing clinical duties; may take part in research and related activities.
- delivers patients at KCH with high-quality, evidence-based care.
- Follow the recommendations of the Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
- must continuously examine, plan, carry out, and evaluate the needs of the patients.
- to make certain that all patients and their loved ones are routinely updated with accurate information and that it is delivered in a kind and understandable manner.
- to maintain high levels of care throughout all KCH departments.
- to sustain the center’s ethos while actively supporting the local plan and nursing department’s implementation.
- maintaining the privacy of patients at all times
- respecting each patient’s privacy, dignity, gender, and sexual orientation as well as their cultural and religious views.
- Supporting patients, caregivers, and family members, including them in the care of the patient when appropriate, and offering health education to encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Ensure that any instructions are followed and that the MDT is given any pertinent information regarding the requirements and status of the patient.
- Work flexibly across the company as necessary to maintain safe personnel levels or as determined during the appraisal process to be a requirement for personal development.
- taking part in nurse audits as necessary
- Report negative situations in accordance with KCH policy so that they can be investigated and so that you can take part in the investigation.
- Keep current patient health records that are readable and of high quality in accordance with KCH policy.
- to be willing to act as a center’s liaison and see to it that all staff members are kept up to date on
- specialised topics, such as infection control, nurse audits, etc.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- DHA Registered Nurse; must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing or a similar certificate; must have worked within a suitable service environment during the previous four years.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with patients and personnel at all levels and from a variety of professions requires good communication skills. able to work with and through others, and adjusts communication approach as needed.
- Ability to respond to unforeseen problems, offer a first line of defence, and find the best sources of supplementary support.
Type of Employment
Full-Time Organization Sector HealthcareDiagnostics
Department / Functional Area:
Medical Devices, Doctor, NurseParamedics, Technicians in hospitals, Medical Study